Articles on this Page
- 02/03/15--08:55: _100 Million Strong
- 02/05/15--11:54: _Wattpad Ratings: It...
- 02/13/15--10:49: _New story from Anna...
- 02/26/15--07:04: _Announcing After Da...
- 04/14/15--06:30: _Wattpad Partners wi...
- 04/16/15--13:00: _Wattpad Introduces ...
- 05/12/15--14:01: _Hackday Culture at ...
- 05/14/15--08:45: _Wattpad Launches Ap...
- 06/03/15--12:48: _Mary Meeker’s 2015 ...
- 06/08/15--11:31: _Sprouting Emergent ...
- 06/11/15--14:00: _Why authors love Wa...
- 06/17/15--11:57: _Mega Trends and the...
- 06/25/15--07:53: _Wattpad updates its...
- 07/02/15--08:33: _Announcing The Watt...
- 07/06/15--06:47: _Wattpad and Harlequ...
- 07/13/15--11:37: _Wattpad launches Br...
- 07/24/15--12:57: _Stories go viral wi...
- 08/05/15--12:52: _3 BIG reasons why s...
- 08/12/15--14:15: _Wattpad’s Writer’s ...
- 09/07/15--10:50: _Wattpad to attend I...
- 02/03/15--08:55: 100 Million Strong
- 02/05/15--11:54: Wattpad Ratings: It’s easy
- 02/13/15--10:49: New story from Anna Todd in support of Free2Luv
- 02/26/15--07:04: Announcing After Dark: a new app for romance readers 17+
- 04/14/15--06:30: Wattpad Partners with SoundCloud to Add Audio to Stories
- 04/16/15--13:00: Wattpad Introduces Redesigned iOS App
- 05/12/15--14:01: Hackday Culture at Wattpad
- 05/14/15--08:45: Wattpad Launches App for Apple Watch
- 06/03/15--12:48: Mary Meeker’s 2015 Internet Trends Report
- 06/08/15--11:31: Sprouting Emergent Behaviour
- 06/11/15--14:00: Why authors love Wattpad
- 06/17/15--11:57: Mega Trends and the future of reading and writing
- 06/25/15--07:53: Wattpad updates its web experience
- 07/02/15--08:33: Announcing The Wattpad Scholarship
- 07/06/15--06:47: Wattpad and Harlequin team up for So You Think You Can Write contest
- 07/13/15--11:37: Wattpad launches Brand Stories
- 07/24/15--12:57: Stories go viral with Wattpad’s Quote Art feature
- 08/05/15--12:52: 3 BIG reasons why storytelling is crucial to your brand
- 08/12/15--14:15: Wattpad’s Writer’s Hub demystifies the art of social storytelling
Over the weekend, Wattpad celebrated its 100 millionth upload. Every one of those uploads have now become a part of the Wattpad story, and we couldn’t be happier about sharing this story with all of you who have shared your own stories on Wattpad. If you haven’t yet posted your story to Wattpad, now is […]
We’ve simplified the way we handle ratings for stories on Wattpad. Every story that is currently R-rated will now be called Mature. All other stories will no longer display a rating; these are appropriate for all readers. This is the first step in our process to simplify rating. Now writers only need to rate their stories when they […]
Today, New York Times best-selling author and Wattpad celebrity Anna Todd will begin serializing a new, original story titled Free. Anna is writing the story to support the award-winning LGBTQ advocacy group, Free2Luv. She is an official ambassador for the group. Her story Free will increase awareness about the #Free2Luv campaign that encourages young people […]
Wattpad has recently launched After Dark, a free app that offers a curated reading experience for mature romance fans. After Dark was designed specifically for readers over the age of 17 who are looking for quality contemporary romance reading. The app’s sleek new interface presents a specific set of stories such as LGBTQ, Urban, and […]
We’re excited to announce a new way to experience Wattpad stories – with sound! The new feature available on our Android app lets Wattpadders add audio clips to their stories. They can create their own clips, or choose from the millions of sounds available on SoundCloud. This new feature lets Wattpadders create audiobooks, narrate dialogue, […]
Today, we are excited to announce that we have launched a new version of our popular iOS app. The latest version features a simple and more intuitive interface to help connect readers to relevant content, encourage story creation, and make it easy to manage social updates and interactions. The updated app helps new users understand […]
This post is brought to you by Wattpad Co-Founder and CEO Allen Lau. Hackdays are the best way for a startup to support innovation. They give everyone a break from their normal day-to-day, and optimize the use of time and work. At Wattpad, some of our most popular features and products started as a hack. Limited […]
We’re excited to announce our new app for the Apple Watch. The new app helps Wattpad writers visually understand how their readers are reacting to their work anytime, anywhere. Apple Watch owners who love to write on Wattpad have a new way to connect and view their fan engagement, checking story momentum as easily as […]
This year marks the 20th anniversary for Mary Meeker’s annual report on Internet Trends. Since the mid-90s, Mary has provided key insights into the evolving Internet; earning her the title of "Queen of the Net.
This post is brought to you by Wattpad Co-Founder and CEO Allen Lau. When I first met Ben Ling of Khosla Ventures I asked him one question: How did YouTube expand into so many different categories? I knew Ben had worked for YouTube and Facebook in their early days, so I took this opportunity to relate […]
Increasingly, authors are looking to build meaningful connections with fans online so that they can attract loyal readers who are engaged with their work. Unlike other social networks, on Wattpad we have a massive community of engaged users who are predominantly readers. They come to Wattpad to read stories and engage with their peers and […]
This post is brought to you by Wattpad Co-Founder and CEO Allen Lau. It is a golden era for technology companies. In the past, new technologies emerged as people built from existing ideas; improving and iterating on old designs and knowledge. From the mid-2000s to today, we have seen the rise of three simultaneous mega trends: […]
Consider this a new page in the Wattpad story. Today, Wattpad rolls out a major update to the look and feel of our Discover, Library, Browse, Reading List, Genre, and Home pages on the web and mobile-web. On the web, Wattpadders can access the most robust Create experience with writer-specific tools and features like Casting […]
Today we’re thrilled to announce the launch of The Wattpad Scholarship. It’s an opportunity for five students in the US and Canada to receive a $1,500 scholarship towards their educational aspirations. “At Wattpad we know stories can change lives. They have the power to entertain, connect, and most of all inspire people to achieve their […]
Wattpad and Harlequin have teamed up for the 2015 So You Think You Can Write (SYTYCW) contest. For the first time ever, the annual romance writing competition has launched on Wattpad. Writers around the world are able to submit their manuscript on Wattpad for a chance to win a two-book publishing deal with Harlequin. “So […]
Native ad offering helps brands connect with an audience of 40 million millennials Today, we’re excited to announce the launch of Wattpad Brand Stories, a way for brands to reach and connect with millennials and generation Z. Wattpad Brand Stories can quickly reach an audience of millions with entertaining content that drives huge lifts in […]
Over 35 million quotes shared using the exclusive feature The right words can stop you in your tracks. We return to beautifully written passages and re-read all the funny parts in our favorite stories. When words excite and move us, we want to tell others. To help people share the words that inspire them, Wattpad […]
Storytelling is universal and can transcend language, race, gender and socioeconomic barriers. Humans have exchanged stories long before the formation of written language or the invention of the book. They are integral to who we are, how we express ourselves, as well as our collective experience of life and our relation to each other.
Storytelling is evolving – social tools, mobile technology, and story serialization can turn a single chapter into a viral hit. This presents an opportunity so large that it can leave new and established writers wondering, how do I start? With this question in mind, the Wattpad team crafted a visual experience that guides writers through […]
wattpadhqScreen Shot 2015-08-12 at 4.53.56 PM
The Turkish community on Wattpad has flourished and the app has become a go-to entertainment destination for two million people in the country. To celebrate the growth and success of the Turkish community on Wattpad, Co-founder and CEO Allen Lau will visit Istanbul during the International Book Fair (Nov. 7-15, 2015). For the first time […]